Monday, November 21, 2011

Merry (almost) Christmas, Everyone!

Well, as I am sure you all discussed with Juge, a family Christmas Eve party is in the works.  I (Lou) have been delegated to post on here and get comments from you all regarding the party.  The plan, right now, is to have the party from 6:30 to about 8 with some special events and food.  The food will be simple--appetizers and treats.  The idea there is to keep clean up to a minimum and make things more pleasant for all as far as cleaning goes.  So, I guess the only question is the time, and maybe it's only a question for the Randall clan.  Is 6:30 too late for the party?  Should we do it earlier?  Or, is it perfect?  We'd like your thoughts on the matter.  Our concern is driving back afterwards and making it to 9 am church the next day, but we're willing to be flexible and work with you all.  So, please don't just read this.  Let your fingers do some talking and let's hear what you think.  Thanks!

1 comment:

Lillypad Good Times said...

I would really like to know what is the plan. Sometimes I think there comes a time when people need to start their own immediate family traditions. I don't remember ever spending Christmas with G'ma Poulsen or with the Lillywhites after we had moved from there. We began our own holiday traditions. Don't get me wrong, I love you all, but sometimes it's a little easier to enjoy you in smaller groups or at a not so crowded location as cooped up indoors because it is too cold to be outdoors...thus the family camp. I'm pretty stressed out right now and as a mom Christmas is already a stressed out time...what was I thinking when I had 8 kids. I still want to make everyone happy in at least some small way. And, we have Grandma to include some way or do we just say, stay home Grandma and enjoy Christmas eve by yourself? We are trying to see where we are going with all that is happening with Bean right now and I am really not feeling up to being host to the masses right now. I'm sorry but I just don't have a lot left. This is the number one priority for us right now. What I'm saying is just save your party for next year and hopefully things will be a little better then. We just don't need anything else on our plate right now.