Saturday, June 30, 2012

The details...

Ok, I know that everyone has been wondering what exactly to plan on. Sorry, it's a little late in coming we (the cabin relatives and I) have had a little bit of a hard time connecting but it's done and here are the goods. Let me know if I missed anything!

We have the cabin from August 1-5. (Wednesday-Sunday)

Beds: Bring your own sheets, blankets or sleeping bags. There are sheets up there but she doesn't think they all match with the beds so let's be safe and just bring them. Also, there is a washer but not a dryer so it'll be much easier clean-up this way.

# of beds and where they are located:

Upstairs:
room #1 - 2 doubles, 2 twins
room#2 - 1 queen, 1 full
Loft - 7 twins (bunk bed style - 3 are shorter for smaller kids (under 8))

Main floor:
room #3 - 1 king
room #4 - 1 king

Downstairs:
room #5 - 1 king
room #6 - 1 twin, 1 full (pull-out)
10 foam pads that can go anywhere

I'm not the plan-it-out exactly type so if people want to claim bedrooms now, go for it. Otherwise we can just do it when we get there. We are short one bedroom for everyone to have their own. One room is going to have to have 2 couples in it -- sorry I know that's not always ideal. We are happy to share with anyone who doesn't mind a 3 week old :)

Kitchen:
There are plenty of pots and pans as well as a regular sized BBQ. There is a dishwasher and lots of plates and cups but we need to bring plastic utensils. She also said that the knives might as well not exist because they are so dull and old, so if you are needing knives for your meal, bring what you need. Also the fridge is smaller and the freezer is tiny. Can everyone bring a cooler? There are 2 ice boxes in the basement if we want to use them but we will need ice for them if we do.

A few other things...

Water is on a well. (is that how I would say that?) Susie (our sweet host) is going up the weekend before to make sure the water is full and gas is turned on outside etc. We will need to turn it on inside when we arrive. Jay and I are meeting with her on our way up to get directions on how to refill the water if we get low, turn on the gas and to get keys etc.

Finally electricity is solar/propane. If we leave lights on all day we may run out and need to turn on the generators. She said we don't really need to worry, it should last without any problems but keep that in mind and let's try not to run out :)


I think that is everything we talked about. Does anyone have any questions? Let me know if you do and I would love to find an answer for you.
(One question that I didn't ask is garbage. Don't worry about bringing a truck to haul it out but I will find out for sure)

Jay and I will plan on getting all of the utensils, napkins and dish-washing soap as well as trash bags, TP and paper towels and everyone can chip in a few bucks up there to cover it.

Can't wait to see you all!

Love, Brynn

directions are coming later -- just go to Bear Lake as of now and we'll direct you when it gets a little closer. :)

No comments: