Hey everyone!!! Bonnie has a ton going on right now so, in talking this weekend, I told her I would do a post to get Thanksgiving going. The plan is dinner at Paul and Bonnie's house. No time yet that I know of.
Here's who we are planning on being there/eating:
Paul/Bonnie/Bean - 3
Randalls - 6
Jay & Brynn - 5 (+ Clara who will not be eating)
Borrowmans - 8
Smiths - 5
Weavers - 6
Moss and Christie - 4
Supe and Beacher - 2
That's 39 people who will be eating. The only person I'm not counting on eating is Clara. Let me know if I'm wrong on that. Also, I know that Bonnie has one high chair. For everyone needing a high chair or something for the littles, plan on either bringing something or having some sort of plan for that so that Bonnie doesn't need to guess what would be best.
Sign up for what you want to bring. One thing to keep in mind. Last time we did Thanksgiving, we were at the church and could cook and warm up everything there. It was very convenient. This year we don't have a church with several ovens and there is no way to warm everything up and especially cook everything at Bonnie's house SO...just an idea but when you sign up keep in mind temperature on things. Maybe the closer to town families could bring the hot items and those with a drive could bring the stuff that is cold.
The list below is the list we used 2 years ago. Alter it as you see fit :)
Basic menu possibilities - if there are thing I have forgotten or that you want to add, please do it!
Turkey and Gravy - Ferf & Ryan, Lillyfolks will bring some too.
Mashed Potatoes - Moss & Christie
Salad - Orange ambrosia type and/orwaldorf - Lillyfolks/ Weavers will bring one too
Stuffing - Lillyfolks
Sweet Potatoes with and without marshmallows: Weavers
Rolls/Butter/Jam/Honey -Brynn and Jay
Fruit salad of some kind (Jell-o and/or other -- this is for you Bryan)-Lou and Bryan
Veggie tray and dip - Lou and Bryan
Other veggies? -
Cranberry sauce - lillyfolks
Ice cream/Whipping cream: Supe & Beacher
Ice: Ferf & Ryan
Pies - everyone bring a pie/pies of your choice:
Christie-pumpkin
Jay and Brynn - Cherry, caramel apple, and pecan (if no one else signs up for this one)
Lou and Bryan-
Weavers- Pumpkin, apple crumb, chocolate cream, banana cream
Ferf & Ryan--Probably a fruit pie--either berry or apple, maybe both ;)
Lillyfolks - pecan, cherry, apple
No comments:
Post a Comment