As you all know, the family camp out is finally here. And, finally, we are giving you some details about the location. We are going to Yankee Meadows. It's easy to find. Go to Parowan. Drive up the canyon towards Brian Head, where we stayed in the cabin last year. Just past mile marker 6 you will see a sign that Yankee Meadows. You turn left about 50-100 feet after the sign. Follow the road for about 7.5 miles. You will come to the lake. Go all the way to the end of the lake (possible fishing and boating sight). There is a parking lot there for those of you who do not have rugged vehicles. Park there and, if you've arranged it, we will come and get you. For those who do have rugged vehicles, just follow the road. It will take you past some campground, probably filled with camp trailers. The road will veer left and say NO Camping for the next 1 mile. Follow the road for about 1 mile and look for a sign that says Lillywhite Family Camp Out. We'll be there waiting for you. Can't wait to see you all! BRING BUG SPRAY & SUN SCREEN!!!!!
What are you bringing?
The Randalls are bringing a camp chef, horseshoes, a big jug of water (10 gallons), and some planned activities. We also have a giant bowl we can bring to wash dishes in. We can bring a smaller one, too, for rinsing with, unless someone else has a huge one.
3 comments:
We are bringing one 4-wheeler with helmets, a 5 gallon jug of water, a camp chef and propane if we need ours (but space will be tight if someone else wants to bring their camp chef then we won't), card games. Let me know what else is needed. Is everyone bringing paper plates and utensils for their meals? How about TP and paper towels? Dutch ovens? Rags, dishtowels, dish soap? Do I need to bring these things? I can. I just need to know.
Weed, you probably don't need your camp chef. We will bring ours and that will be two already. We are also bringing the big scout grill. I am bringing some paper plates, utensils, cups and a couple of rolls of paper towels. We will bring TP for the outhouse tent. We are also bringing Dutch ovens - at least two big ones, trash bags, table cloths and the usual big table, a card table, one long table and an awning, the barrel, two water jugs...all the usual stuff we bring. If you don't want to leave early, I'm sure between us, Moss and Ferf, we can get you and your stuff home.
Awesome! Thanks Mom! I'll try to talk to Derek if I can get a hold of him to make sure that's ok. He's at girls camp until we leave. I forgot to mention that we can bring a table and a little picnic table for the LITTLE kids. Not the kids who still think they're little but aren't really (Kaebri included). I'll bring some rags and dish towels as well as dish soap.
Post a Comment