So, am I the only one that is so excited for this trip? I don't know why, maybe it's because i'm craving summer and sun and beach and sun but Bear Lake is sounding like a little bit of heaven lately and I can't wait! BUT...I also am trying not to wish away my summer, looking forward to this trip. SO...just a little info on that weekend for everyone.
We scheduled perfectly and we are going to be there during Raspberry Days. Every yr. Bear Lake does a festival thing called Raspberry Days. Obviously Raspberry shakes are involved (for those who haven't had one of these THEY ARE AMAZING! -- maybe good enough that the drive is worth it just for one of these. Hmmm, i wonder if I can convince Jay to go on "a drive" this weekend and we'll go taste test, :D) It's such a fun weekend to be there (a little more crowded but not uncomfortable).
According to the website:
"The Annual Raspberry Days Festival is held in Garden City, Thursday
thru Saturday on the first weekend in August to celebrate the valley's
delicious Raspberry crop. The festival is a fun filled 3 days with the Little Miss Berry
Pageant, the craft fair with continuous entertainment, the Parade on the
Boulevard, the Rodeo and 5K run in Laketown --( I would vote we should do this but I'll have a 3 week old, not sure i'll be running much), the Pancake Breakfast at
the Garden City Park, and ending with the fireworks on the Beach."
Anyway, just wanted to give you all a little info about what will be going on.
If gas sky rockets and people aren't able to make it to Bear Lake keep me posted (you can do it privately if you prefer) and we can change our location to somewhere a little closer to the middle of the state.
Love you all! Adios
3 comments:
Yummy! We are way excited. I can't wait to see a part of the state where I haven't been (there are lots of those).
Sounds so fun and tasty. Don't you think we should patronize the pancake breakfast? Are they serving them with raspberries I hope? Fireworks on the beach sounds fun too. It all sounds fun!
Wow! This does sound fun! Can't wait! Everytime we've been there, we've missed Raspberry Days!
Post a Comment