It's almost here! I have reserved the church just to see if we like having it there. This will be our experimental year on this. We have it from 12-4 pm. We need to have it all cleaned up and be out by 4 because another family wants to come in then. I'm thinking set up at 12 and eat by 1. We might even go over the night before and just get the tables/chairs set up. Moss and Christie are going to be in charge of games to play there. If we want and weather permits, we can always go for a little hike and then come back to our house for pies when our tummies are not so full! We thought Johnson's Arch might be fun. (Just to remind myself - bring dish towels and DW liquid, syran wrap,
Here's who we are planning on being there:
Paul/Bonnie/Bean - 3
Randalls - 5 eaters and Joel
Jay & Brynn - 4 eaters and Essie
Borrowmans - 7 eaters and Torin
Smiths - 6 eaters
Weavers - 5 eaters and Zion
Moss and Christie - 4
That's 34 + Joel, Essie, Torin and Zion (I don't see Torin wanting to chow down yet. I have one high chair that I can bring, but for the other two that might want to sit up and eat I'm leaving that to all of you peoples to figure out.) We can get small table and chairs from the nursery for shorter gang.
Basic menu possibilities - if there are thing I have forgotten or that you want to add, please do it!
Turkey and Gravy - Mom and Dad
(Not sure what size turkey you need? For leftovers, plan on 1 to 1.3 pounds per person - from the internet) I will bring a big bird or a bird and a breast! (I've heard some say they don't like turkey. I guess if someone wants to they can bring a ham?)
Ferf & Ryan will bring a turkey too.
Mashed Potatoes - Juge
Salad - Juge
Stuffing -Jay
Sweet Potatoes with and without marshmallows: Mom
Rolls/Butter/Jam/Honey - Weed
Fruit salad of some kind (Jell-o and/or other) Moss
Veggie tray and dip - Ferf & Ryan will do a small veggie tray/dip or part of one/ Lou will help with the veggie tray and bring the dip
Other veggies? -
Cranberry sauce - Mom will bring some
Ice cream/Whipping cream: Weed, Lou will bring the whipping cream
Ice: Jay
The Randalls will bring a Jell-O of some kind for Bryan and anyone else who wants to share it with him.
Pies - everyone bring a pie/pies of your choice:
Mom - I am bringing a Costco pumpkin, a pecan if they have it and a couple of Hucklyberry pies. (Janet gave me some homemade pie filling while we were up there!)
Moss-Chocolate and whipping cream
Juge- apple crumb, pumpkin, and some other goodness perhaps
Weed--banana cream, peach
Jay -- Caramel Apple, Cherry
Ferf & Ryan--apple
Randalls--2 more chocolate pies (never enough chocolate) and a lemon merengue (which I don't know how to spell)
No comments:
Post a Comment