It's a miracle! Everyone (except Supe) will be at Mom and Dad's for Thanksgiving. So we are going to do a family picture on Thanksgiving Day (after we have all gorged and are looking our roundest). I stuck a family picture of Lance's family from that day last year to show you the gorgeous and convenient spot. It has built-in seating (a fallen log), is very close (Red Hills Golf Course) and is lovely. If you have other spot ideas, please share. We could possibly need an indoor spot although the current forecast for that day is sunny and 52.
After much discussion, here is the general color scheme:
- Dark red
- Green (not Irish green, more browny greens)
- Blue (again, no bright or baby blues--these should be earthy, darker blues)
- Black
- Brown
- Bits of cream (too much of this will stick out, but if your sweater has a stripe or whatnot or you really want to wear khakis...cool)
This gives us quite a bit of variety so we don't look like we're in school uniforms and hopefully so you don't have to buy new things while helping us look like a group instead of a bunch of random folks off the street. You can stick these colors anywhere on your body that you want, ie. pants/skirts can be black, brown, dark blue jeans or even red or green. When choosing your clothes remember that it is going to be really quite cold so you may want to be in a sweater and we'd like this to look nice so shoot for "business casual" (no short sleeves or shorts or holey clothes, please). Also, this is supposed to be a family picture where we all blend nicely together so try not to wear something that will make you stand out amazingly. If you have questions, post a comment, or shoot a call to Brynn, Juge, or Weed.
We will be taking the picture in the early afternoon after lunch and before pie. Bring your clothes when you come to Dad and Mom's and we'll all change after we eat. We don't want the kids clothes covered in potatoes and gravy.
6 comments:
I think that jeans would be good so if the kids ( or adults) get dirty on the way there or while waiting it won't show up like it would with khakis. I think just a color idea is a good idea like red and brown or something to that affect would be good. I vote no to skirts...not a fan of the white legs this time of year and I don't have a long skirt:)
Looks like a nice spot to me. I was thinking that after lunch, before pie, we could do the picture. Also, what do you think of doing the birthdays - Dad, Noah and Brynnli - over pie while everyone is there to sing and don't have to make another trip into town. I had thought we might do it on Saturday, but we have Lyndsey North's reception on Saturday night to conflict. Oh, by the way, who is volunteering to try to take this picture - Derek, Brynn, anyone else game to try and get a shot with everyone looking at the same place at the same time - all eyes open after eating that sleep inducing turkey? I'm with Christie - no skirts, dark pants and colored shirts. I don't care what kind of shirts - collars or long sleeve T's seem fine to me. I'm hoping to wear black jeans or pants and a red shirt. One more question - do we want to eat at noon or 1:00 or what? I know the little kids will probably be crabby by picture taking time, but I don't know what we can do about that.
So, the weather forecast for St. George has dropped one degree per day since I posted this. The KSL forecast as of Sunday night for picture day is sunny with a high of 49. Is that getting too chilly for the out-of-doors? I am thinking we might look great in sweaters! Or a cute jacket? Or a lovely scarf?
Mom, I like your idea for when to do dinner, pictures, and dessert. Maybe we should all eat a very light breakfast (or none) and eat a bit early, like you say, at noon or 1 and then maybe we will be taking pictures before the kids are completely worn out and ready for naps (parents too).
just a plug from me - pictures have so much more texture and pop a little more if there are variations. ie: scarves, argyle, fun jewelry, someone in a tie (not formal - just casually) etc. i have loads of scarves i can bring if people are interested, i'll throw a few dif. ones in. I also have a chumky red neclace someone is welcome to wear, let me know!
Please re-read this post as it has changed and take note of Brynn's last comment!
just looked at the weather for the warm south end of the state and the high is in the 30's for Thursday and they are predicting SNOW!!! anyone have a good idea inside? We would still want a pretty background; a cool fireplace, stone wall (real rock and laid well of course), a pretty plain wall that could look studio-ish, etc. In the end though hope for sun, for Derek's sake! or just dress warm :)
Post a Comment