Hey Everyone! We have tweaked the blog a little so it can be used more often and more people will be in the loop. What is going to happen now is once someone post on this blog everyone will receive an e-mail saying there is a new one or something to that effect. I guess we will find out when I send out this post. Also whenever anyone leaves a comment it will be sent to your e-mail account also. If this e-mail came to an account you don't want it to let me know and I will change it to which one you want.
The reason for today's post is for Thanksgiving Dinner. Mom sent out an e-mail a couple days ago stating what she was supplying (turkey, gravy and rolls and one pumpkin pie & whipped cream) and now we need to do the rest. So not everyone shows up with a cherry pie or something we should make a list and have everyone put their name by it. I will come up with a rough list of what we need and you can add or take away as any of you want.
If you want to do a pie just put your name by a number and say what kind you are making if possible.
Pie 1- Christie and Moss (some sort of Chocolate)
Pie 2- Brynn and Jay (Apple Crisp)
Pie 3- Brynn and Jay (Pecan)
Pie 4- Juge (A surprise!!!)
Pie 5- Juge (pumpkin)
Pie 6- Juge (banana cream)
Pie 7--Lou & Bryan (Bryan might die if there is no cherry, so we'll bring that)
Stuffing- Weed and Derek
Veggie Platter- Christie and Moss
Mashed Potatoes- Brynn and Jay (please make tons!) we have 20lbs. if anyone wants more than that, add your name to the list!
Cranberry Sauce- Mom & Dad - we might be the only ones who like it!
Yams-Weed and Derek (is this the traditional kind with marshmallows?)ooh yeah! can't do without those!
Corn- Christie and Moss
Yam Bread Pudding (yummier than it sounds)- Juge
Fruit/Jell-O Salads--Lou & Bryan
Please add to this list and put your name by something by going into the post and editing it:)
10 comments:
Hey Moss (or Christie?) Can you add my email to the list so that I get these updates too? I love my husband but i'm a little worried he'll forget to tell me something important if I forget to check the blog one day :) THANKS!!!
brynn.lillywhite@gmail.com
I'm posting this comment so people will get another e-mail reminding them to sign up for something. Just add whatever you want to bring to the bottom of the list. Will someone bring a ham? Or possible prime rib? Hahaha...just kidding.
Mom, do you have a big enough bird to feed the whole horde or do you need someone to bring another one? Maybe for the sake of leftovers?
I will do a bird and a breast. If we need more than that, someone else will have to do more. I will also try to get G'ma Kurtz to do a pecan pie for pop - he will want one of those for sure.
We'll bring a turkey breast and we could also help with some of the vegies or the mashed potatoes. Christie and Moss, Jay and Brynn--what do you think? Do you want help with either of those?
--Ferf and Ryan
For our veggie platter we are planning on brining carrots, olives, celery, broccoli, and dip. If you (Ferf) have other good ideas we would love to have them!
I am more than happy to do the apple crumb pie -- or we could bring a pecan pie Bonnie. Any opinions?
Jay and Brynn if you want to bring a pecan pie that would be great. I will ask Grandma to bring Dixie salad. I had forgotten about that.
Ferf, I told you we had a 10lb bag but I was sorely mistaken and we have a 20lb. bag! I think that should be enough but if you think we need more feel free!
Post a Comment