Sorry to be slow, but it's been non-stop here lately. So here's more on Thanksgiving...
- Let's bag a family picture for this year and let the babies grow up a little. If you are all good with that, I am. I can be happy with updated family shots of those who have added new kids. If you can manage that, we would love it for a Christmas present!
- I'm not sure what kind of weather its going to be as yet, but if it is too cold for the kids to play out some, I'm NOT going to be OK with them just going crazy and tearing the house up. Yes, I love them, but I don't love them as easily when they are eating food all over the house, playing in the drapes, throwing stuff and being crazy. I have a giant Christmas jigsaw that the older kids might enjoy and some fun crafty Thanksgiving things they can make a poster with, but if it gets too cooped up because of cold, you are going to need to be OK with them watching a movie or be in charge of some other activity for them. Sorry if you think I'm a mean old granny. If anyone has suggestions here, that's great. If you want to play some games, please bring some that you think would be fun.
- In the days after Thanksgiving it might be fun for some to visit the craft fair or go to a movie (there are some good ones coming out from what I hear). Also on my list is to go over to the Arizona Strip and get a Christmas tree if the weather permits. I have the information about it that I cut out of the paper. It might be a fun thing for those who want to to going along for the outing even if they aren't getting a tree. A tree permit is $15 over at Fredonia. They will be open on Friday and on Sat. until noon. Probably need to dress warm and outdoorsy for this. We will take our big truck to haul trees and some people (too cold to ride in the back probably). It's dirt road, but not too bad usually. We won't go if it is too bad road or weather.
I'm thinking we would probably want to eat between 1 and 2. I think that has worked out in the past. Is that ok with everyone? Grandma is not coming. She is having Ross, Lerlyn and Jenae come over to her house.
Numbers for planning food and seating - (I didn't include Trigg, Tahlia & Eliza. If you are needing a high chair, I just have the two.)
P & B - 4
Randalls - 5
Jay & Brynn - 3
Borrrowmans - 6
Smiths - 5
Weavers - 5
Moss & Christie - 3
That's 31
Basic menu possibilities - if there are things I have forgotten or that you want to add, please do it.
Turkey - I would like to do this since it will be easier to just do it here than try to move it and keep it hot.
Mashed potatoes - someone in town (do people have a preference about skins or no skins?) Ferf
Gravy - I will have the drippings to do this.
Stuffing-Weed
Sweet potatoes with marshmallows - someone in town? Weed
Rolls - Someone in town for hot and out of town for eating with turkey later? Moss and christie will do rolls; Weavers too
Fruit salad of some kind - Brynn and Jay
Veggie tray and dip - Brynn and Jay
Cranberry sauce - I'm good for this since most of you probably aren't that fond of it.
Jello salad--Since Bryan feels that this is an absolute necessity, the Randalls will be bringing this. We will also bring a green salad and some dressings. If there is anything else, we can do that too.
Green Beans or other veggie- Weavers
Ice Cream - I will do this
Whipping Cream - Brynn and Jay
Jam- Weed (I have raspberry jam, apricot pineapple jam, cranberry butter and honey butter, but if you want something else, you can bring some too. Mom's got honey.)
Pies - maybe we can all just bring one and say what kind so that there is not a lot of duplication?
Pecan - Paul & Bonnie (I will probably make a pumpkin too just because I want to hog it!)
Moss will do a chocolate pie
Brynn and Jay - cherry pie
Weed - Banana cream pie
Randalls--another chocolate pie (one is never enough) and an apple pie
Weavers - pumpkin thing, berry cobbler...
Ferf - apple pie, or some type of fruit pie
No comments:
Post a Comment