Lance found this site - very pretty and up north a little more. He will have to give the details of where as I just don't know. I do remember there were a lot of sharp rocks and several flat tires. There was a lake that we drove over to and a pond within walking distance. Christie had now joined the family. Grandma came to this one and the one before this one. Lou and Bryan made it to this one. Supe was on his mission. The kids look little! Dates were August 9-11th.
-Drive from St George, Cedar City, Tooele, or Salt Lake to Salina.... you should be able to get that far on your own.
Its about 150 miles from Salt Lake City and 185 from St George (about the same distance as from Salt Lake to Beaver).
-Continue 17 miles east on I-70 past Salina up through Salina Canyon toward Moab/Colorado. Take the second freeway exit up the canyon (I-70 exit 73, I believe).
-head left off the off-ramp (north) on the paved road about 3/4 a mile until you come to a sign that says "salina creek" just before a nice dirt road that heads north. Take this dirt road and follow it all the way up the mountain. There will be several roads which break off to the right and left, but just stay on the main fork for about 19 miles.
-at about mile 19, nearly at the top of the mountain (just before the road does a bit turn back toward the south), there will be a little road that breaks off to the left. It is labeled with a post #2 (it also says 0290 on a post 60 feet down the road a bit).
No comments:
Post a Comment